Using professional equipment for a podcast or video blog is key to getting the right sound that can be carried across any device or social media outlet. Below, we go through the equipment used at One + Company for The Real Word podcast and vlog.
- Focusrite’s Scarlett 2i2 Interface – This compact, easy-to-use USB audio interface allows for recording two microphones at once.
- Cloudlifter CL-1 – Used as a preamp, this piece of equipment amplifies the signal from the microphone. This enables us to record what is being said without picking up the background noise.
- Shure Microphones – We use two of these world renowned microphones for recording.
- Canon 70D and Canon 80D – These two cameras allow for Live View shooting, so we can turn our podcasts into vlogs.
- XLR Cables – Cables connect the interface, pre amps and microphones.
Our editing process is completed using Adobe products. The podcast is recorded directly into Adobe Audition, an audio workstation. From there, our videographer imports the audio and video into Adobe Premiere Pro, a video editing software, to edit the entire podcast. Last, graphics are added in using Adobe After Effects. After Effects is also used to edit the full vlog into shorter clips for Facebook, Instagram, and other social media channels.
We love sharing, spreading, and learning new content. If you’re interested in professionally recording your podcast or vlog in our recording space, reach out to us here!